Citizens of Gloucester,
Serving the young people of Gloucester is one of our most important responsibilities and in 2016, we will focus on improving the Children’s Room. Your donation will help provide mobile shelving, child-friendly furniture, and new restrooms for our young patrons. More than 11,000 children attended Library programs last year and it is imperative that we provide them with a safe, secure, and pleasant experience.
As 2015 comes to a close, we can look back with pride on an exciting year at our beloved library. Here are just a few highlights:
* We dedicated the beautiful John and Dorothy Rando Memorial Outdoor Garden;
* We embarked on a study of our building needs;
* We began an orderly, mindful process of upgrading our collection, working with the community to ensure that the collection is relevant and fresh;
* In October, the Corporators approved new bylaws to improve the way the Library is governed;
* The Gloucester Lyceum partnered with the Cape Ann Museum on a wildly popular program about Dogtown;
* Two staff members, Christy Rosso and Lewis Parsons, received their Masters in Library Science.
City funds pay for our staff and part of our materials budget but we rely on donors to pay for everything else. Thank you in advance for your generous support.
Very truly yours,
Meredith A. Fine, President
Board of Directors
Gloucester Lyceum & Sawyer Free Library
P.S. In 2016, let’s create a beautiful, safer Children’s Room!
Please send a check made out to the Sawyer Free Library