Get Research Help
Don’t know how to start your genealogy project? Need help using the catalog, ordering books, or using our online resources? The staff in the Reference Department are happy to help you!
By Email: email@example.com
By Phone: (978) 281-9763, ext.21
- The Sawyer Free Library has 12 Internet computers in the Adult Reference Department, all with the Office suite.
- Patrons must agree to our Internet Use Policy
- A library card or guest pass must be used to access the computers. Computer use is limited to 3 hours per day for a library card and one hour for guest passes.
- Printing is $.15 a page and must be prepaid at the Reference Desk. Sorry, there is no color printing is available.
- Patrons must be in 7th grade or higher to use the adult Internet computers. Children may use the computers in the Children’s Library.
Interlibrary Loan (Borrowing materials from other libraries)
If our library doesn’t own an item a patron or staff member can search for it outside our library. The item can be sent to the Sawyer Free Library through Interlibrary Loan.
- The first place to search for and request an item for free is in our Library catalog. The Sawyer Free Library is part of the North of Boston Library Exchange (NOBLE) and comprises 28 public and college libraries.
- If the item is not in the NOBLE catalog, you can search for and request it for free using the Virtual Catalog which contains materials from over 300 Massachusetts libraries. If the item is available, it will be delivered to the Sawyer Free Library and we will notify you when it arrives.
- If the item is not in the NOBLE catalog or the Virtual Catalog, the staff in the Reference Department can place a nationwide search.