Mission, Vision, & Values
To be fully relevant as the needs of Gloucester’s public evolve.
The mission of the Gloucester Lyceum and Sawyer Free Library is to inspire lifelong learning, foster intellectual curiosity, and strengthen our community by:
- Actively promoting the open exchange of ideas;
- Providing inviting and attractive physical and virtual spaces that encourage connections among people of all ages;
- Acquiring and maintaining collections that celebrate the history of Gloucester;
- Collaborating with community partners to enable the library to better serve a more diverse population; and
- Sustaining an environment for the Library staff that nurtures creative thinking and problem-solving.