Who We Are
The Board of the Friends, which meets the third Wednesday of each month, considers requests from the library for support or assistance with programs and resources.
What Membership Means
Your membership dues are pooled with the funds raised through sales of Friends merchandise and the Annual Booksale to help the library in these tight budget times. Through your donation, you help every Sawyer Free Library user have access to special services and some additional resources.
What Does Your Contribution do?
- $1,000 toward the purchase of additional books
- Welcome package and reading journal for all children who get their first library card
- Museum Passes for free or reduced admission to local museums
- Refreshments for the Corporators Meeting, the Community Meeting at the Senior center, and the Middle Street Walk
- Volunteer coordination and training for the Public Records Project
- Free book review publication to all patrons
- Services for the homebound
- A drop-off box so you don’t have to park and pay the meter when all you want to do is return a book.
Do You Want to Get Involved in More Ways than Just Paying Membership Dues?
There are occasional work tasks such as staffing the Annual Booksale, helping staff move collections, or providing services to the homebound. We will send current members information about these opportunities, but if you’re interested and non-digital we can call you to discuss these opportunities. Please note your interest when you submit your membership form.
Is there something that you, as a Friend of the Sawyer Free Library, would like to see us support? We’d love to hear from you! Email the Board of the Friends and let us know.
How to Join
Membership runs October 1 to September 30. The annual membership drive runs throughout the month of September. We hope you’ll consider joining the Friends and becoming an important contributor to the programs and resources through which your membership money is distributed.
You can print this form or pick one up at the library. Or, new this year, you can join the Friends of the Library or Renew your membership securely using PayPal: