Acceptable Use Policy
To provide a standard of acceptable behavior which is conducive to maintaining the proper atmosphere in the library, the following code of behavior governing the use of the library by the public shall be enforced:
- Respect for other library users shall prevail at all times.
- Shouting, running, or other rowdy behavior is not permitted.
- Physical abuse, assault on another person, or the use of abusive, insulting, or threatening language to a person in the library buildings shall cause for removal of the offending person or persons by the staff or, if necessary, by the police personnel.
- Consuming food or beverages is strictly prohibited.
- Smoking, use of alcohol, narcotics or other foreign substance will not be tolerated.
- Sleeping is not permitted in the building.
- Pets are not allowed in the library with the exception of guide dogs for the blind.
- Improper acts which are subject to prosecution under criminal or civil codes of the law are prohibited. Only one person at a time is allowed in the rest rooms with the exception of a parent and a young child.
- Canvassing, selling, soliciting, or distribution of circulars or other articles is prohibited.
- Shirts and shoes must be worn inside the library buildings.
- No person shall leave children under the age of 6 unattended on library premises.
- Destruction or defacement of library buildings, property, or library materials is not permitted.
- All persons are expected to comply with the reasonable request of any member of the library staff.
- Use of cell phones is prohibited.
- Use of skateboards, roller blades, roller skates, or roller scooters is not allowed.
- Bicycles are to be left outside of the library.
The above rules and regulations are for the comfort and the protection of all who use the facilities of the library and will be firmly but courteously enforced by library staff.
Approved by the Board of Directors September 27, 2004